Friday, March 6, 2009

Spaghetti Sauce

No I am not Italian. Yes, I do wish that I was :o) I am however kind of picky about my spaghetti sauce. The only two spaghetti sauces I like are my mom's and mine. And I only like mine because I make it just like my mom. Now please do not get all offended and huffy here if you have made me spaghetti before and I said I liked it. I don't lie about food. I did like it. But if I make it or my mom makes it then I LOVE it and will eat at least 3 plate fulls and make myself miserable. But it's worth it.
Here is my recipe (um, I mean my mom's recipe) for Spaghetti sauce. It's not rocket science here people, but it is good.

This is for a double batch:

2 Cans of spaghetti sauce (the cheap kind, seriously, the one that comes in the can)
1 large can (or 2 small) of crushed tomatoes with the sauce
ground beef, cooked and drained (you can put in as much or as little meat as you want. It all depends on your own taste)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup of a good red wine (OK, I will be honest here, I always put more like a cup or more in because I think this is truly what makes it soooooo good)

Put it all in a crockpot and let it simmer on low all day.

I usually end up eating a bowl of the sauce for lunch that day! Yep, I have issues :o) You can freeze any leftover sauce you might have or make lasagnas with it.
Happy Cooking!
~C

No comments: