Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Emptying my Freezer

One thing that has been a huge blessing over the past month is the food in my freezer! After a day of unpacking boxes, putting things in drawers, taking things out of drawers and then putting them back in another drawer and so on, the last thing I want to do is cook.

Today was one of those days and tonight was one of those nights. As I was contemplated taco smell (that's what it is called in our house) I decided to scour the freezer in hopes of being able to pull something together. We ended up having Kobe beef sliders (if you don't know what Kobe beef is or what a slider is let me know and I will fill you in on the wonderfulness of them) and tater tots. taco smell would have cost us a mere $7 (I only have 2 kids and i of them eats less than a mouse and we rarely buy drinks at restaurants so that's why it would be so cheap) but what we ended up eating was so much more delicious and it cost us nothing!

Other ideas I came up with while going through the freezer:
~Breakfast-eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy (I always keep bacon and biscuits in the freezer)
~Canned soup (I stock up on canned soup when I can get the good brand for $0.50 or less) and grilled cheese (we only had 4 slices of cheese left and my freezer stash of cheese is out, so this would not have been great but would have worked)
~Oriental Salad with breaded chicken strips on top. (I usually have samples of chicken strips in my freezer from hubby's work)

So save your family from taco smell or smelling like tacos and go raid your freezer!
Happy food hunting!
~Caroline

No comments: