Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

We had a great Christmas and New Year. We are still not in in our new house yet but are hoping to move next week sometime. Please be praying that everything goes well for us.

I spent a day a couple weeks ago making freezer meals with my mom. She made a bunch of single serve meals for my 84 year old grandmother to keep in her freezer. Mt grandma lives alone and cried when my mom gave her the meals. She does not like to cook for just herself and does not usually eat very healthy, so it meant a lot to her to have healthy, fresh meals waiting for her in the freezer.
It was so easy for us to make one recipe and put a little aside in a separate container for my grandmother. If you know of someone who lives a lone, whether it be an elderly person, a single person, a college student, etc... consider doing this as a blessing for the. You will truly end up being the one that feels blessed when you see there reaction. My mom and I were.

So, can I just tell you how nice it has been to have meals in my freezer while we have been busy cleaning and packing! Especially since we are eating off of paper plates right now and all my kitchen stuff is packed :o) I just pop something out of the freezer in the morning, pop it in the oven at dinner time and throw the aluminum pan away when it's gone. Easy, easy, easy. I will probably go into shock after we move and I have to do dishes again!

I still do not have a computer (thanks mom for letting me come over and use yours!) but plan on dealing with that after we move. So hopefully sometime in February I will get back to posting regularly. Until then I will just give you tidbits here and there.

Happy Cooking!
~Caroline

No comments: