Friday, July 18, 2008

Freezer Cooking and Frugal Living Part 3

Couponing. This is a new thing to me but it is something that I have really enjoyed learning and has saved us a lot of money. Let me start by saying that when you get into serious couponing you need to start small. Once you get the hang of it you can go big. Now serious couponers don’t just cut the coupons out of the Sunday paper and go shopping. No way, there is a fine art to this. You have to figure out where the best deals are for that week and you most importantly have to learn how to “stack” coupons. This is where couponing will make or break you and I have had times where it is has broken me because I did not “stack” my coupons right.

Now instead of trying to explain this all to you here I am going to send you over to Money Saving Mom to read her post on CVS 101. She explains everything beautifully. She also has a post on Making CVS work for you.

If you do not have a CVS near you and but have a Walgreens, then I would recommend reading her Walgreens 101 post to learn about how to coupon there.

I check with Money Saving Money Mom every week to see her scenarios on CVS deals and Walgreens deals. I also check Mommies With Cents and Centsible Shopper to see if they have any different scenarios. I will also be posting my deals every week so that those of you who live in California can see shat there is here. Oh, you can also check the Rite-Aid deals at these sites. I will have to say though, that you will not find deals like they have at CVS anywhere else!

On Monday I will wrap up our posts on my Freezer Cooking and Frugal Living Talk. Have a great weekend!
~Caroline

No comments: