Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New House Pics......

We went and looked at the new house again and this time brought out camera! We're smart like that every once in a while....but not to often :o) Move in date has already been pushed back, but that's OK, I am still smiling :o) See, that's me smiling. And now, for your viewing pleasure here are some pics of the new digs.....













Here's the front of the house. It's blue. My plan (per my sister's advice) is to paint all the shudders a dark navy blue. The front door will be red! I love red.









Here's the entry. That's my dad (aka, our realtor) opening the door. :o)






The Kitchen. Can I let you in on a little secret? See me, see my red hair? It's not red anymore! See the black shirt I am wearing? Yep, that's the color of my hair now :o) I had to get it out of my system and the hair color was free, due to my couponing, and I think it's really cool. It's not a permanent die so in a couple of months or so my red will be back. Emma says I look like Snow White :o) Gotta go work on my tan now! OK, back to the house....Gas stove! I have never cooked on one before and I am really excited about it.




This is the dining area right off of the kitchen. Through that door is the 1/2 bath and the really big family room, which will also be the school room and my office space and the therapy room since it has high ceilings. Oh, and in that little space past the door....I have a pantry! I have never had a pantry before and am sooooo excited about it. I plan on painting the door with chalkboard paint! Fun fun.
The backyard is huge. On one side of it there is an enormous fruitless mulberry that shades about half the town, no not really half the town, but it is huge and it does give us an abundance of nice shade. There is also a nice shed in the backyard, which is good as there is no garage. Hubby is having a hard time with this and has had a couple of nervous breakdowns but after breathing into a paper sack for hours were able to come up with ideas and he is good now. We have an alley behind us and since the yard is so big we plan on building a 10x15 "garage" type space (possibly 2 stories) in the next year or so.
This picture is of one of the side yards where my garden will be! I LOVE gardening and have gone through a bit of a slump since I don't have one right now (didn't want to plant one in the house we are at now because we are moving.). This year I will not have my summer garden but will have plenty of time to get all this space ready for my winter garden! I love that there is already a little gate there to block it off from the rest of the yard. You can't see it very well, but all over the fence are morning glories. They are absolutely beautiful and Emma keeps saying she is so happy we are moving into the "Morning Glory house"!
I have many more photos but will save you all from boredom :o) Thanks for taking the little tour with me and I can't wait to paint and move in and show you what it looks like then! But you will have to wait a couple of months to see that. Until then....
Happy Cooking and Homemaking!
~howiesgal

6 comments:

Dani said...

Hooray for your new home!

Kendra Fletcher said...

Can't wait to see what cute things you do!

Gasp...sputter... BLACK???

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys and your new house!!! Praising God for His provision! Yee haw!!!! be sure you take plenty of before and after shots once you can start doing your painting and stuff.

Black? Wow! I can't wait to see you!

Basnight said...

We're not bored, we love seeing pictures of your new house! Can't wait to beat you and my kids at Nertz in your new place!!

kristi said...

That is so fun! Yes, I too, look forward to seeing the befores and afters. Welcome to the black hair club. I accept all follicles, er, members! Ok, ok, I'm on my way out of the club as mine is turning white. Snow white. Hey!

Stephanie said...

enjoyd th tour of your nw hom, I especially Loved the Morning Glories...The Marshalls