Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chicken in a Raspberry Sauce

Thank you all for your comments and your prayers for our daughter. We are still struggling with some issue (which should hopefully be resolved at her Dr.'s apt. today) but she has been a lot better. We have been doing some intense therapy with her (which she loves) and that has kept me busy and hurting (lots of physical for me).

Of course, I completely forgot to take my camera to Cooking Day on Friday. I was so bummed. I promise that I will remember next time (unless my brain is attacked by aliens (aka children) and sucked right out of my head!). We did have a good time of cooking, chatting and eating.

Below is the recipe for the Chicken in a Raspberry Sauce that we made. This comes from the book "Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer", you can click on the amazon link on my side bar to check it out :o). Easy to make and delicious to eat. We had it last night and yes, of course, I forgot to take pictures of it. Oh brain, where are you....has anyone seen my brain? If so could you tell it to come back to me. I really miss it. :o)

Chicken in a Raspberry Sauce

-1/4 cup mashed raspberries (you can use fresh or frozen)

-1/2 cup raspberry preserves

-1/2 cup pineapple concentrate

-1/2 cup soy sauce

-2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar

-1/2 teaspoon chili powder

-1/2 teaspoon curry powder

-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

-6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

~Place all ingredients in a freezer bag and mush. Label and freeze.

To serve: Thaw chicken completely. Place chicken and sauce in a large baking dish. Bake covered at 350* for 30-40 minutes. Serve chicken with pan juices over top
I made some homemade rice pilaf and served it with the chicken on top and the juices poured over. Yummy!


Stayed tuned for a post on "How to have your own cooking group!"
Happy Cooking!
~Howiesgal

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds scrumptious! Hey, we all suffer from "mommy brain"!!

MidnightMom said...

Thanks for the great recipes; I use them! I look forward to the post on doing a cooking group--sounds like something I would enjoy organizing! :)

Simply Heart And Home said...

That sounds wonderful! The raspberry touch definitely makes this a special chicken dish.

Thank you for sharing it.

Gina