Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chicken Stir Fry

I was going to post this recipe this morning but then remembered that I had taken mine from Cooking Day out of the freezer for dinner tonight. So I thought, "great! I'll be able to take some pictures of it for you all and make your mouth water". Well we just got done with dinner and guess what...Yep, I forgot to take pictures! That's a red-head for ya. This had really good flavor, although it was to spicy for my kidddos so next time I will omit the red pepper flakes. It also did not produce much sauce so I added some "special" sauce I had on hand. All in all it was a really good stir fry. You can different veggies to it as well. Just throw in whatever you like in your stir fries :o)
_______________________________________


Chicken Stir Fry
adapted from "Dream Dinners" beef stir fry recipe


3 stalks of celery (diced)

2 carrots (diced)

1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken, cubed (you can use thighs, breasts, or tenderloins. Whichever type of meat your family prefers)

1 small can of Baby Corns

1/2 cup soy sauce

3 Tablespoons Ground Ginger

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can add more if you like it hot!)

1/4 cup peanut butter

1 tablespoon brown sugar


~Place celery, carrots and baby corns into a freezer bag. In a separate freezer bag add chicken and the rest of the ingredients. Seal bag and mush to mix ingredients. Place chicken bag into veggie bag and seal. Freeze.


To Serve: Thaw. In a skillet over high heat cook the chicken and marinade mixture until the chicken is almost cooked through. Add the vegetables and cook for 2 more minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

That does sound good! I have 2 questions. :)

One, do you think I could make it without the peanut butter? Two of my children have allergies to it.

Two, do you have any favorite dessert or appetizer recipes you could share? I am having a hens party Saturday night and I'm looking for suggestions! Thank you. Gina

Simply Heart And Home said...

Thank you for your suggestions. We don't have a Trader Joe's nearby but I have drooled over their catalog!

Have a lovely day!