Friday, August 1, 2008

Sweet and Sour Pork

I have said it before, I don't eat pork. The rest of my family likes pork. So I make it for them, because I am nice like that. You can easily swap out a pound of chicken for this recipe and make Sweet and Sour Chicken. This is another great recipe because you don't have to thaw it before you throw it into the crockpot! Gotta love that!
Sweet and Sour Pork

-1 lb. of pork, cut into 1-inch cubes (you can use pork loin, or a boneless pork chop. Whatever floats your boat)
-1 white onion, sliced
-1 green bell pepper, sliced
-1 tsp. Dried minced garlic
-1/3 cup soy sauce
-8 oz. Can pf pineapple with juice
-2 Tbsp. Vinegar
-2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
-1 tsp. Dried ginger
-1 Tbsp. Cornstarch

~Add all ingredients into a ziplock bag. Seal bag and mush around to mix well.

~To serve: Place in crock pot (thawed or frozen!) and cook through. If thawed this should take about 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. If frozen 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Serve over rice.

Happy Cooking!
~Caroline

1 comment:

KristiB said...

I found you through Money Saving Mom and tried this recipe tonight for supper. It was such a hit that there aren't any leftovers!! I love assemble ahead meals!! Thanks for a great bunch of ideas and recipes.