Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life and Citrus Marinated Chicken Wings

It has been a long couple of weeks and the next 4 months proves to be just as long. But that's OK. I have been spending most of my days at my mom's helping her out. I have learned to juggle 2 households while helping out my sister with her kiddos and tending to my grandmother's needs. As long as no one else breaks a bone in the next 6 months I think we will be just fine. :o)

Hubby and I are also looking for a house to buy. We have been doing this for over 6 months now! Yes, that is a long time. We have had many different offers on many different houses that we have fallen in love with and on most of them we have come in second place with our offer. Second place is good sometimes but when it comes to offers on a house, it means you have lost. Monday we lost out on another great house so I spent the day yesterday, with kids in tow, looking at houses again. Hubby went out last night to look at a few more and today I will look at the one he liked. Oh, did I mention our realtor is my dad?! Yep, that makes it so much more fun. We always treat ourselves to a st*rbucks. Makes the looking easier :o)

So I guess you can see there are no dull moments around the Howard house right now! This weekend is backed full as well with my sister and I making lunch and dinner for 20-30 people on Saturday. Saturday night hubby and I get a night out with some dear friends that we have a dinner group with. This will be certainly be the highlight of my week and I am looking forward to it.

I leave you all with a great recipe, since that is what this blog is suppose to be about :o) Enjoy!

Here's an easy appetizer to make up for all your get togethers. You have 3 option on serving day of how you want to cook them.

Citrus Marinated Chicken Wings

~Place 30 chicken wings (the little ones) in each bag.

~To each bag add:

-1/2 cup orange juice concentrate

-1/2 cup lime juice

-1/2 cup honey

-2 Tablespoons olive oil

-1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

-2 Tablespoons minced garlic

-1 Tablespoon ground cumin

-1 teaspoon black pepper

~Seal bag and mush to coat wings.



SERVING DIRECTION: Thaw chicken before cooking. Remove chicken from marinade and cook on the BBQ or cook in oven at 350* 20 minutes or until cooked through or add wings and sauce to crockpot and cook on low all day.

1 comment:

Simply Heart And Home said...

I will say a prayer for you and your husband to find just the right house. I know it is frustrating to come in second but the Lord has a "first" for you sometime.

Blessings,

Gina